POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Background image? : Re: Background image? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background image?
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jan 2007 17:52:09
Message: <45ac0599@news.povray.org>
Espen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15-01-2007 09:06:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to make an animatied text overlay ontop of an image.  Looking
> through the helpfile I find lots of backgroud properties to play around
> with, like a solid or gradiant background color, but nothing about static
> images.
>
> Is it possible to add a static image to the background as it is with for
> example 3D Studio Max, where it is very simple to do so?
>
> TIA,
> Espen

As your case is prety simple, this is a simple solution:
Add a large box behind your animated text. Use an image_map as the texture.
Translate the image by -0.5 to have it centered, then scale it to fit. Give it a
finish{ambient 1 diffuse 0} so that it don't interact with the light and don't
show shadows.
DONE!

--
Alain
Fundamentalism: If shit happens, you will go to hell, unless you are born again.